[Qgis-developer] Status on Windows 64 bit versus 32 bit?

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Wed Dec 2 02:28:18 PST 2015

I have been using Qgis 64 bit in Win7 for a long time (installed using
OsGeo4W) with no problems.

No I have experienced this (using Qgis 1.12.1):

* Opening a certain project in Qgis 64 bit version takes 1 minut
* Opening the same project on the same PC in Qgis 32 bit version takes only
14 seconds

So now I think: Shold I quit the 64 bit version?

The actual quite "heavy" project loads some Esri Geodatabases (.gdb) - can
there be special issues with that?

I am working on a Lenovo 64bit PC with a 7 core CPU and 16GB ram.

-----
Regards Morten

Currently using Qgis 2.12.1 (OSGeo4),
Windows 7, 64bit