[Qgis-developer] Moving to Trusty for Travis tests

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Thu Dec 3 06:42:07 PST 2015

Apologies - my instructions for forcing GCE were correct only for
Precise-only Travis configs. The QGIS config is both Linux and OSX. See this
page for instructions to force GCE for multiple os: configs:

https://gist.github.com/meatballhat/d0c8aab9e3bd8a8bcacd#file-00-intro-md

I'm not familiar with the matrix: syntax they are using, so I don't feel I
can construct a PR for this. Hope it might help, though.

That said, the build you link to did run on GCE, so perhaps all is well with
the config, and we just aren't getting the performance boost one might have
hoped for from GCE.