[Qgis-developer] Featured plugins

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Dec 3 14:10:27 PST 2015

But why?

Most of the table manager functions are already in Core. It is perfectly
possible to add and remove columns without the table manager.

If some of the table manager functions are still missing in core, it is
better to bring the missing functionality into core, rather than
enabling Table manager by default.

I am not a fan of having many Python plugins enabled by default, because
they slow down the loading of QGIS. Also, Python plugins are a major
source of additional bugs ...

Andreas