[Qgis-developer] No transparency with mbtiles raster and QGIS 2.12.1 on Ubuntu 15.10

Jesse McGraw jlmcgraw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:49:46 PST 2015

All,
   I'm testing displaying some mbtiles files I created and I'm noticing
that alpha doesn't appear to be working correctly with them (large solid
colored blocks displayed instead)

When the tiles are RGBA and compiled to mbtiles they look correct.

Once I use pngquant to compress them to paletted versions and then
compile then the transparency isn't correct even though I can view the
individual source tiles and see that the transparency is still there

I found a ticket related to gdal, mbtiles, and transparency
(https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5439) but I'm not sure how related
it may be.

Thoughts?

QGIS version