[Qgis-developer] Moving to Trusty for Travis tests

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 02:28:44 PST 2015

On 3 December 2015 at 22:05, Tom Chadwin <tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk> wrote:
> Apologies if this is too off-topic, but with Travis releasing their new
> Google Compute Engine infrastructure, I've done some work on my Travis
> setup, including moving from Ubuntu Precise to Trusty. Briefly, the issues I
> encountered under Trusty as opposed to Precise were:

Seems like this change has made the Linux builds of QGIS on Travis
very unstable - the builds frequently take much longer than usual and
result in timing out before completion.

If your PR has reported a failure on Travis, and Travis is saying
"errored" rather than "failed", it's NOT your fault! Don't spend ages
trying to debug it - we'll just have to hope that Travis gets things
sorted quickly on their end.

Nyall