[Qgis-developer] Error in QGIS or not proper KML format?

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Tue Dec 8 01:50:04 PST 2015

When I recieve KML files from af public state bureau the point coordinates
are written like this in the kml file:

<Point>
<coordinates>8.43307284569448, 55.478226574306</coordinates>
</Point>

When opening it in Qgis all points get a y coordinate of zero. Removing the
blank between the "," and the y coordinate 55.478 solves the problem. Google
Earth can open the files without problems.

Shall I claim the producer for not writing proper KLM or is it an error in
Qgis (or OGR or whatever is used for reading KLM)?

-----
Regards Morten

Currently using Qgis 2.12.1 (OSGeo4),
Windows 7, 64bit