[Qgis-developer] Layer Name and originalName, was: [QGIS-Server] Add a Short Name to layers for OGC Web Services

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 03:33:02 PST 2015

Le 22/09/2015 13:36, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
> Il 22/09/2015 13:24, Tom Chadwin ha scritto:
>> Many apologies - you are right. I change "Layer name", and couldn't
>> understand what Display as was meant to be: a non-editable text field which
>> mirrors Layer name? Why?
> agreed, an old issue, I also do not understant its use.
> all the best.

It's not an issue :-)

In QgsMapLayer there are originalName and name.
The method setLayerName sets originalName and name.
The attribute name is the capitalize originalName if the settings
"/qgis/capitaliseLayerName" is set to True.

In the Layer properties the originalName and Name are displayed and the
originalName is the editable attribute.

René-Luc