[Qgis-developer] Fwd: A new plugin has been created by rgroup.

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Dec 9 23:31:02 PST 2015

Il 10/12/2015 10:15, Werner Macho ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> You mean like in the wiki page
> https://hub.qgis.org/wiki/17/Hydrology_and_Hydraulic_modelling

Yes, I had in mind this as a start point.

> It would be nice to have all this things in one place - we try to at
> least collect all related stuff at this wiki page .. got to enter the
> rivergis too.
> But coordinating plugins to avoid duplication could be a bit tricky -
> plugins appear and are finished ..
> I am still willing to collect all hydrology related stuff and probably
> collect them within a special menu .. (but therefor I would have to
> change the source code)

By coordinating I mean writing to plugins authors and try to convince
them to merge forces and avoid duplications. I do this regularly, and
the occasional successes have improved users life a lot (and ultimately
also developers').
I would like this work was done by someone deeper into hydro than
myself, as he can suggest specific cases for merging and splitting
functions, etc.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu