[Qgis-developer] Feature fix #4273 and possibly #3756 (qgsdecorationitem)

Médéric RIBREUX mederic.ribreux at medspx.homenet.org
Wed Dec 30 01:57:26 PST 2015

Hello,

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 09:07:59AM +0000, Duncan wrote:
> Morning,
>
> I've put the changes together for these features. This is my first
> contribution, so I wondered if I could check that I'm making the pull
> request properly. Hopefully make it a bit easier for whoever deals with it.
>
> I ran the changes through prepare-commit.sh which fixed a few formatting
> issues. I plan to rebase the
> branch onto the latest main and push up to my forked github repo and issue
> the pull request.
>
> I've made a couple of amendments to the dialogs for the north arrow,
> scalebar and copyright decoration items. Should I check these with anyone
> before making the pull request?

Well, as long as old projects can still be opened with your
modifications and if the end user is not lost by the changes, I tend
to say that you can make your PR. After all, this is not a (in my
humble opinion) a critical feature of QGIS.

You can send a summary of your changes to the dev list if you want
(with a picture of the new dialog box).
> There aren't any existing tests for these classes. Would you like me to put
> some together for them?

Why not ! The more the merrier...

> Many thanks,
See your Pull-Request soon !