[Qgis-developer] Future of OpenLayers plugin - time to deprecate?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:33:43 PST 2015

Hi all,

The email chain below is just one example of a user who has issues
with QGIS after installing the OpenLayers plugin. Stackexchange is
filled with similar examples (See
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/qgis-openlayers-plugin).

I'm wondering if it's time we discussed the future of this plugin. Now
that we have a viable replacement (Quick Map Services) which doesn't
demonstrate these issues, should we deprecate the OpenLayers plugin
and remove it from the plugin repo?

Nyall