[Qgis-developer] Software development usig QGis API and Qt Creator

Alper Colak alpercolak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 04:44:08 PST 2015

Hello;

I am trying to develop an application using QGis API. First I tried to
create a raster layer and add a raster image on it. However "isValid"
function of QgsRasterLayer always returned false.
Then I tried to use "isValidRasterName" static method in various ways but
it always returned false either.
After that I pasted the code of isValidRasterName function from QGIS source
code.

    isvalidrasterfilename_t *pValid = ( isvalidrasterfilename_t * )
cast_to_fptr( QgsProviderRegistry::instance()->function( "gdal",
 "isValidRasterFileName" ) );

The pvalid fuction pointer is null. It seems it cannot resolve gdal. But I
installed gdal and libgdal1-dev

QGIS application itself works just fine.

Can anyone show me a way to handle this problem?

Alper

Platform info:
Ubuntu 14.04
Qt 4.7.3