[Qgis-developer] QGIS and Coverity scans

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Wed Feb 11 05:04:56 PST 2015

Hi,

These are great news, thanks !

I am curious about Coverity. AFAIK, the static analyzer is not open
source, right ? So this works as long as they offer if freely for open
source projects.

What would be very good is to call static analyzers during the build
/testing process (as an option). Has somebody experiences with such
things ? CLang static analyzer ? Valgrind (not static) ? It would be
nice to have these run before each pull request.

What would be also interesting after this coverity pass, is to have a
"QGIS developer guideline" that show frequent mistakes to avoid (beware
of classes with states, use smart pointers, enforce constness, etc.)