[Qgis-developer] QGIS and Coverity scans

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 05:24:09 PST 2015

> I am curious about Coverity. AFAIK, the static analyzer is not open
source,
> right ? So this works as long as they offer if freely for open source
> projects.

>> Right.  It's propietary.  And IMHO it's also a heavy depencency

Not sure I find that to be much of a issue. Use what ever works, it seems
to be free for us at the moment and is improving our code a lot, if there
is a open version that works as well that is fine but it's definitely not
something that I personally worry about.  I also wouldn't really call it a
dependency when we are not forced or forcing anyone else to use it.

- Nathan