[Qgis-developer] QGIS and Coverity scans

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Feb 11 13:45:46 PST 2015

Hi Hugo,

On Wed, 11. Feb 2015 at 17:18:03 +0100, Hugo Mercier wrote:
> > We have used cppcheck - but not integrated into the build process.
> > There are also some good options for gcc (eg. -Weffc++).

> Good to know. A CMake option with such compilation flags can be a first
> pass.
> Using another compiler (Clang) may also help to exhibit different
> wwarning messages.

Sure, also MSVC has shown other warnings.  Yes, another proprietary tool we are
currently free to use.

> > I didn't know clang's scan-build[1] before Even Rouault mentioned it on #qgis.
> > Maybe we could use that with travis.  But it's not packaged in ubuntu and
> > apparently you have to build clang to get it.

> It's shipped with the clang-3.4 package on ubuntu (14.04 here).

Oh, nice.  I just apt-cache searched for scan-build.  Didn't check if I already
have it. :)

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode