[Qgis-developer] commit change in geometry produce fatal error

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 08:46:45 PST 2015

Hello again dear list,

Our goal is to save (commitchanges) any modification of a vector layer when
it happens.

We encountered another problem when trying to exploit the
layer.geometryChanged event.

Upon activation of this event, we tried to use the layer.commitChanges() to
save changes in geometry of the layer (postgis layer, maybe not related),

But it hard-crashes QGIS.
A quick gdb look seems to indicate a rollback issue??

The workaround we found was to use thread with short timers, but is is ill
suited for this.

Python 2.7, QGIS 2.6, Linux 64.

Somebody know how to fix this issue ?

Many thanks,