[Qgis-developer] hub.qgis under heavy load?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Feb 12 09:35:30 PST 2015

Tags are an oversimplification, as you have to use them for area or
subareas topic as well as severity and status.

Can you search Github's issues for tags on topic rendering, of severity
blocker, against milestone 2.8, that are open?

There's an API right? Maybe we build a custom search tool to github issues?

No idea if Redmine is the issue, I have never run a Redmine with this
much load. It was running well last year after a Ruby upgrade but not
sure if anyone has upgraded Redmine itself.

As for the hardware story, OSGeo is now looking at buying a new machine
to replace the one QGIS Hub is currently on. QGIS' input on this buy
would be useful, and we could even beef it up if QGIS wants to help out
financially. The likely setup will be software raid5 and docker,
learning from previous issues.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Transition_Plan_2014#Hardware

Also there's discussion of implementing GitLab on the new hardware,
which is very similar to Github but would allow OSGeo Logins and Github
logins.

PS: there are a couple of pure Django Issue trackers out there. No VCS
integrated but that doesn't matter if the code is on Github.

Thanks,
Alex