[Qgis-developer] Proposed questions for QGIS Certification questionnaire

Trevor Wiens tsw.web at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:09:23 PST 2015

Jonathan.

This looks good. I do have one suggestion. For the second last question of
"What do you think would be a good way of measuring suitability for a
certificate", I think it is more complex. For example, for a developer
certification, I would assume most people would think that community
participation would be important. However for the other certifications,
exams might be more suitable. I can even see cases for trainers where we
might want to institute a train the trainer type of course that would be
mandatory (even if an online course) to ensure that people who want to be
trainers can benefit from the knowledge and experience of experienced
teachers / trainers.

Because of this complexity you might want to separate this out into
questions like:

For a QGIS User certification, what do you think would be a good way of
measuring suitability for a certificate...
For a QGIS Professional certification, what do you think would be a good
way of measuring suitability for a certificate...
For a QGIS Developer certification, what do you think would be a good way
of measuring suitability for a certificate...
For a QGIS Trainer certification, what do you think would be a good way of
measuring suitability for a certificate...

TSW

Trevor Wiens
Apropos Information Systems
aproposinfosystems.com