[Qgis-developer] GSOC 2015 - Multithreading support on Processing

Marcus Santos mvcs at me.com
Tue Feb 17 10:13:18 PST 2015

Hi all,

I’m interested on developing the multithreading support on Processing in order to allow the user to continue to use the program even when if it is processing some data. I’m new to QGIS but I’m want to develop this idea and learn more about QGIS in order to plan how to implement it. Can you give some clues on where to look at?

I already saw the AlgorithmExecutor and Unthreaded AlgorithmExecutor code:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/release-2_0/python/plugins/processing/gui/UnthreadedAlgorithmExecutor.py <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/release-2_0/python/plugins/processing/gui/UnthreadedAlgorithmExecutor.py>
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/release-2_0/python/plugins/processing/gui/AlgorithmExecutor.py <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/release-2_0/python/plugins/processing/gui/AlgorithmExecutor.py>

Do you think this is enough for the GSoC? If so, can you help me to create some “project description” to put on the GSoC page?

Best regards,
Marcus Santos