[Qgis-developer] Dubt on plugins without repo and bugtrack

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 02:46:03 PST 2015

Hi Gino,

There has been a lot of dicussions about what fields are mandatory.

The decision was to leave tracker and repository "recommended" but not
mandatory, the plugin owner and staff will see this warning:

Some important informations are missing from the plugin metadata
(homepage, tracker or repository). Please consider creating a project
on hub.qgis.org and filling the missing metadata.

> Hi
>
> today I found a new plugin
>
> http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/VerticalHorizon/
>
> set as experimental, but without code repo and bugtrack
>
> It is assumed that for published but experimental plugin this data
> could not be set?
>
> in my opinion, at least bugtrack would be set. If a plugin creates
> malfunctions we need a way to trace and notify these errors to the
> author.
>
> regards, Luigi Pirelli

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it