[Qgis-developer] Dubt on plugins without repo and bugtrack

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 03:56:57 PST 2015

> On 02/18/2015 12:13 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Il 18/02/2015 10:53, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:

[...]
> Nice to hear that most plugin developers add bugtracker and repository
> anyway.
>
> Switching the fields to recommended instead of optional sounds like a
> good step into the right direction. Maybe there could even be a pointer
> to github to make it easier for unexperienced developers.

Hi Mathias,

I don't understand the difference between "optional" and
"recommended", I mean the fields are already "optional" (not
mandatory) and "recommended" because the developer (and staff members)
every time they browse the plugin page see the following message:

Some important informations are missing from the plugin metadata
(homepage, tracker or repository). Please consider creating a project
on hub.qgis.org and filling the missing metadata.

This is what I mean with "recommended", and you?

Of course we can print a better message, suggestions welcome!

Making the field mandatory would prevent all plugins without those
fields from being uploaded in the first place.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it