[Qgis-developer] Creating script (conflict with python/Grass + wrong folders)

Davide Sponchiado davidesponchiado at alice.it
Thu Feb 19 06:28:53 PST 2015

Hello everybody,
it's my first mail and I hope you can help me.

In the past year I create (with other people) 3 scripts connecting QGIS
with Hec-RAS.
The problems started when to check to behaviour of the original program,
I installed ArcGis in the same pc. From that moment, I started to have a
lot of problems (freeze first of all in GRASS and in QGIS, than problems
in deleting files in GRASS) and i saw that not all the programs worked
in the right way.

So I worked all this period in a Virtual Machine with only QGIS/Grass
inside it. I created the script in QGIS 2.0 and everything worked ok
with following versions. But always inside the Virtual Machine.

On the main machine, I saw that the great problem is that in the output
file (a .sdf which is like a txt) there is a "start new paragraph" for
some lines. I've done the same path with python in GRASS and everything
works fine.

Can you confirm that there're conflict between pythons installed with
different programs?
(I've got a lot of troubles to uninstall Arcgis and to uninstall and
reinstall Qgis because there are a lot of pieces around the pc.. many of
them I deleted in the regedit too but I'm not sure to have done all the
work).

Is is right to put the python file inside the QGIS\bin folder meanwhile
the txt file (the algorithm) inside the
...\QGIS\apps\qgis\python\plugins\processing\(algs\)grass\description
folder?

Thanks for the help