[Qgis-developer] Error in new Metasearch

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 05:06:07 PST 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 08:45:42 +0100
> From: Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
> To: Tom Kralidis <tomkralidis at gmail.com>
> Cc: Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>,
>     qgis-developer <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Error in new Metasearch
>
> Il 20/02/2015 19:11, Tom Kralidis ha scritto:
>
>> This works for me with both a fresh 2.8.0 via OSGeo4W with MetaSearch
>> 0.3.2 default (i.e. not fetched from plugins.qgis.org) as well as a
>> fresh 2.8.0 via OSGeo4W with fetching the plugin from
>> plugins.qgis.org.  I'm able to work with the UNEP server at
>> http://metadata.grid.unep.ch:8080/geonetwork/srv/eng/csw as well as
>> http://services.grid.unep.ch:8080/geonetwork/srv/eng/csw , tested via
>> English and Italian locale.  Are these the servers you are working
>> with?
>
> Hi Tom,
> checked again, on a fresh install (2.8 on Debian Sid).
> I think I found the problem: editing the connection shows that the URL
> is empty. Adding the address you mention fixes it.
> Unclear why the default server URL it is empty, however.
> All the best, and thanks.

Hi Paolo: I was able to reproduce this.  In loading the default CSW
connections, if a CSW server name contains '/', this causes issue in the
saved settings/registry values.  I've since fixed this in master, 2.6
and 2.8 branch.

Having said this, we should add a check to prevent users adding new CSW
connection names containing a '/'.  Filed in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/12239