[Qgis-developer] Enter expressions into spin boxes?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:22:14 PST 2015

On 25 February 2015 at 06:54, Pedro Venâncio <pedrongvenancio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nyall,
>
>> Which spin boxes are you testing with?
>>

> I was trying directly in the attribute table cells. I got the idea that it
> worked directly in the cells, when I saw the changelog on the other day. At
> this time it is not active to confirm:
> http://changelog.qgis.org/qgis/version/2.8/
>
> But am I wrong?

I see what's happening here - I suspect that your field is set to use
a "text edit" edit widget rather than a "range" widget (check the
layer properties->fields tab). QGIS only uses spin boxes for the edit
widget if it's set to a range widget, otherwise they are just standard
text boxes which don't accept expressions (yet -- I'll try and tackle
that at some stage).

Nyall