[Qgis-developer] Split vector layer not loaded

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 09:52:24 PST 2015

Hi Paolo,

as I can see this is not a but, rather feature. Output of this
algorithm is a directory not single layer. And while this
specific algorithm creates directory with shapefiles other
may create directory with text files which can not be loaded
in QGIS.

Maybe we should improve OutputDirectory by adding new
flag, something like "canLoad" and load directory contents
if this flag set.

BTW, same algorithm from fTools also does not load results.

> Hi all.
> The results of Processing:QGIS:Split vector layer are not loaded by
> defualt, and the user has the impression that nothing is done: are there
> reasons for this?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu