[Qgis-developer] info about plugin and processing toolbox

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat Feb 28 09:05:48 PST 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Sergio Vignali <vignalisergio30 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> I would like to know if there is a tutorial or text that explains how to
> write a plugin for the processing toolbox. The QGis documentation explains
> how to write a plugin but I didn't find anything about the processing
> toolbox... So I would like to know the structure and the code necessary to
> add some script to the toolbox.

​Hi Sergio,

If you just want to add a simple script to the Processing toolbox, you
don't need a plugin at all. All you need to do is go to Scripts | Tools |
Create new script in the toolbox. You can find many examples of how these
scripts have to look like in the following repository:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Processing/tree/master/scripts

Best wishes
Anita