[Qgis-developer] What is the status of new "QGIS-Mobile" (https://github.com/opengisch/QGIS-Mobile ) project? Could I test it on Android?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Jan 5 01:14:20 PST 2015

Hi Mantas,

Merry Christmas also from our side.

QGIS Mobile is a very young initiative developed by us at OPENGIS.ch.

It provides a user interface which is being designed with touch devices and field work in mind.

As such, the user interface is being completely rewritten from scratch using QML, a technology by Qt that targets development of responsive user interfaces.

We are currently still in an early stage and are working on a lot of features that are considered to be crucial for efficient and effective work. Once we have a product that we consider to be stable enough, we will release a publicly available .apk. Until we reach that point development snapshots will be distributed individually to interested parties which are requested to contact us directly.

Best regards and a happy new year,
Matthias