[Qgis-developer] CRS problem in stand alone application

Andrea Amparore andrea.amparore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 05:07:20 PST 2015

Dear all,
I have a very annoying problem with my QGIS stand alone application, I have
already asked this question to the QGIS User Community but without luck.
It seems that the application can not create a coordinate reference system,
and this is affecting my whole workflow.
The script works perfectly inside the QGIS python console, but not in the
stand alone mode.

from qgis.core import *
QgsApplication.setPrefixPath("/usr", True)
QgsApplication.initQgis()
app = QgsApplication([], True)
map_projection = QgsCoordinateReferenceSystem(4326,
QgsCoordinateReferenceSystem.EpsgCrsId)
map_projection_descr = map_projection.description()
print map_projection.isValid()

The output of the last line is 'False'.
I tried to change the prefix path to "/usr/share/qgis/resources/“ but this
doesn’t make any difference.
I’m using python 2.7.6 on Ubuntu 14.04. QGIS version: 2.6.1

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards,

Andrea