[Qgis-developer] Downloading & compiling QGIS

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Jan 13 00:33:18 PST 2015

Hi Zoltan,

That is correct.
It is not compressed to 44 objects. It is just compressing (packing) 44
objects it has not compressed yet.
But git downloads the whole history for you since the very first version
of QGIS anyway. That is fine if you are going to develop and want to
keep track of what has been done when etc.

If you are worried about the download size, you can either use --depth 1
when cloning
http://gistflow.com/posts/430-git-clone-without-history
or just download the zip file of the branch you are interested on the
github project page.

Regards,
Matthias