[Qgis-developer] Rotation status and PSC meeting

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Jan 16 01:49:39 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 12:48:53PM +0700, Mathieu Pellerin wrote:

> Regarding the map overview issue, this got me to think that instead of
> having a map visibility extend calculation code in the composer map item,
> the QgsMapSettings object should have a function that returns a visible
> extend polygon (in WKT string, or whatever). That would simplify and
> bulletproof the code in many places beyond the composer map item.

Agreed. I've rencently pushed a local implementation of that calculation
in the grid decoration code, if you want to move it up.

Right now we have the concept of "visibleExtent" which is still a rectangle
(enclosing the actual visible polygon) and an "extent" (which is just an
encoding of center & scale, and might be better to deprecate at one point).
It would not be bad to add a "visibleArea" or "visiblePolygon" function.
Then the "visibleExtent" one could be implemented by just taking the
extent fo the "visiblePolygon".

More tests would also be important to add...

--strk;