[Qgis-developer] QEP and PR for new Authentication Configuration System

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jan 20 01:40:49 PST 2015

Hi Larry,

Sorry - I can't comment on a technical level.

But as a user I very much welcome such a safe password/connection
storage combined with a password manager. I bothered me a lot to see
passwords when hovering a layer in the layer manager, and to see the
plain text connection info in the .qgs file. I know, there are
workarounds (e.g. .pgpass), but most users are not aware about it.

Thank you for already considering QGIS server to correctly deal with the
authentication, where there is no user input.

Andreas