[Qgis-developer] Plugin repo: status

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jan 20 08:21:39 PST 2015

Informal contacts are always good.

But I wouldn't start to establish contacts with Google based on a legal
issue. Imagine if you were a Google employee and QGIS would get in
contact with you for the first time, and the first question is if QGIS
could use their geodata tiles - which is more a question to Google
lawyers - it would probably piss you off.

I would start getting into contact with them and ask for sponsoring for
a hackfest. This, you probably could do even before we are a legal
entity. Then for proper sponsoring, we really need this legal entity. Or
you could also ask them if they would host an upcoming hackfest at one
of their offices/campuses.

But this whole thing should be better discussed on the PSC list - it is
not so much a dev issue.

Andreas