[Qgis-developer] What's the purpose of an LTR?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jan 21 00:27:40 PST 2015

Hi Giovanni,

The idea is to invest more in bugfixing and bugfix releases for the LTR
release. If a major problem in 2.8 LTR is found and 2.10 is already out,
there would still be another bug fix release for 2.8 LTR. LTR is for one
year of support in bug fixing.

QGIS PSC and QGIS-CH may also decide to invest more money into bug
fixing of a LTR release.

Andreas