[Qgis-developer] What's the purpose of an LTR?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jan 21 00:49:31 PST 2015

On 21-01-15 09:41, G. Allegri wrote:
> Thanks Nyall and Andreas,
> I missed the point that an LTR can have updated releases, i.e. 2.8
> download links can be updated until February 2016, right?

yes, we could have a 2.8.35 if necessary (/me hiding for Jurgen now...),
next to 2.10.

the main idea is to have a release for users, for example from
universities or governmental organizations, in which it is more
difficult to ask for an upgrade every couple of months, OR who invested
in documentation/learning material with screenshots and tasks which are
maybe version dependent.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde