[Qgis-developer] QEP and PR for new Authentication Configuration System

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jan 21 06:49:23 PST 2015

Hi Régis,

On Wed, 21. Jan 2015 at 06:38:26 -0800, Régis Haubourg wrote:
> Larry_S wrote
> > Can you expound upon how this info is accessed, what exactly is used, and
> > how it would be used? Then, an authentication config and provider can
> > possibly be crafted.
>
> We use NTLM v2 here:  http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html

On Windows that should already work - Qt handles it internally (4.8 does, 4.7
didn't, but was patched in OSGeo4W to do it).

I know that it is used to automate system proxy authentication.  I don't know
if it's also used for authentication with services, but IIRC that should
also be covered.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode