[Qgis-developer] Wierd issue with Python and triggerRepaint()

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 21:22:33 PST 2015

Hi Gary

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 5:52 AM, Gary Sherman <gsherman at geoapt.com> wrote:

> I have a plugin that makes modifications to a memory layer, then calls
> triggerRepaint() to refresh. Unfortunately, it doesn't refresh the layer.
> If I open the Python console before making the mods, it works from the
> console:
>
> lyr = iface.activeLayer()
> lyr.triggerRepaint()
>
> If I turn off caching in Settings, I don't have a problem with my plugin.

Which version of QGIS is that?

In QGIS < 2.4 you had to explicitly call lyr.clearCacheImage() if the
caching was turned on - otherwise the renderer would still use the cached
image stored in the layer's instance. Since 2.4 that is not necessary
anymore and triggerRepaint() should also clear renderer's cached layer
image.

Cheers
Martin