[Qgis-developer] Virtual geom column

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Mon Jan 26 00:42:22 PST 2015

Hi,

Le 22/01/2015 22:00, Régis Haubourg a écrit :
> Hi,
> FYI there is an on going work funded by French Ministry of ecology to
> explore feasability of such features, using underlying sqlite capabilities.
> Maybe the concerned contractant could give us an update status of thsi work?
> This is also related to adding SQL capabilities discussed here between
> Matthias and Hugo.

Yes, I am currently working on the "virtual layer" provider we were
talking about here some time ago.
It is first developed as a c++ plugin (even if the development may lead
to some pull requests).

This is still under development. But I have a very first implementation
where a vector layer can be used in a Spatialite database.

Adding geometry support to virtual *fields* is another solution. I guess
it would need to state what type is used by expressions to describe
geometries (WKT ? WKB ?).
It may be easier to have than a full virtual layer implementation (which
also offers other possibilities, spatial joins for instance)