[Qgis-developer] Attribute table of a layer in Composer - QGIS 2.6.x and Master

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:43:09 PST 2015

Hi,

I was struggling to add the attribute table of a layer in Composer.

Initially, only the header appears:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/composer_tabela_atributos.avi

Using an old project with several Composers containing attribute
tables, the table appears well, even on the Master. But if you try to
add the attribute table in version 2.6.x or Master, only appears the
header.

Only today I became aware of this situation, precisely because I have
used attribute tables in Composers created in earlier QGIS versions
(<= 2.4).

In fact, it is sufficient to stretch the table (with the grips) to the
lines start appearing.

The question now is, this can be considered bug or feature?
I've been checking, and up to version 2.4, the window size of
attribute table was directly associated with the Maximum Rows option.
In 2.6.0, 2.6.1 and Master, it has no relation to the Maximum Rows,
because it was introduced the new option Frames -> Resize mode (which
allows to continue the table into a new Composer page). What seems to
me that can lead to some confusion is the fact that does not appear
any row in the table, apart from the header, when you add the item.

What do you think?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio