[Qgis-developer] Call for applications and funding for paid bug fixing for QGIS releases

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Jan 28 04:15:32 PST 2015

Hi all

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 28 January 2015 at 08:51, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:
>>

>> > 1) If you are a QGIS core developer (or have a strong track record of
>> > contributions to the QGIS project) and would like to be eligible to do
>> bug
>> > fixing work, let the PSC know, along with your day rate in euros (which
>> we
>> > will keep confidential) and we will (subject to PSC approval) add your
>> name
>> > to the roster of developers who can be employed to do paid bug fixing.
>> > Approval will be based on the PSC being satisfied that you have the
>> skills
>> > to carry out bug fixing work.
>>
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> I'm a bit confused about the process - if we reply to the PSC list,
>> then the rate will be public. Should we just send you a direct email
>>

> ​Hmm true - just send to me its fine. The list of devs and their rates is
> a private (to the PSC) doc.
>
> Ill send an update to the list clarifying - thanks for the feedback!

​Ok I was on list already above :-) Just one more thing to add is that we
will be publishing our financial records as a matter of public record
annually and so your rates will not be completely obfuscated - all though
the budget will be presented in aggregate (e.g. 1234 Euro for paid bug
fixing)​ so it would be difficult to identify the rates of a particular
developer. Anyone else interested in being registered as a paid bug fixer
please contact me or any other PSC member directly.

Regards

Tim

> Regards
>
> Tim​
>

>> instead?
>>
>> Nyall

> Tim Sutton
> Visit http://kartoza.com to find out about open source:
>  * Desktop GIS programming services
>  * Geospatial web development
> * GIS Training
> * Consulting Services
> Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
> Tim is a member of the QGIS Project Steering Committee

> Kartoza is a merger between Linfiniti and Afrispatial

Tim Sutton
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net