[Qgis-developer] Qdialog button box does not show on Gnome3

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Jan 29 12:55:52 PST 2015

Hi

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Weier, Mitchell S. <mweier at nd.gov> wrote:

>  Hi Matthias,
>
>  I don't think the plugin is available on the QGIS plugin
> repository yet.  It's called Drainage Channel Builder.  Although I believe
> you can access it from our local repository here:
>
>   http://www.swc.nd.gov/plugins/qgis.xml

​Just a note that your plugin bundle includes an additional ​folder
'_MACOSX' which you probably don't want to have there.

I was able to open your plugin'd dialog ok under Gnome 3.12 on Fedora. I
would also suggest:

* using a QScrollBox for your dialog - the dialog is very tall
* breaking up your dialog into tabs
* using a QButtonBox at the bottom of the dialog to standardise the button
arrangement

Great to see the work you are doing on making this plugin!

Regards

Tim

>  if you want to take a look.
>
>  Thanks,
>
> Mitch
>

>  On Jan 29, 2015, at 1:50 AM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>
> I am using Gnome 3 and dialog boxes show up for me. It's probably not
> (only) this what causes the troubles.
>
> Cheers
> Matthias
>
> On 28.01.2015 16:11, Weier, Mitchell S. wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm developing a python plugin, and I've had a report that the Qdialog
> button box (Ok/Close) isn't showing on Gnome3.  I'm developing using OSX
> and have no idea how to troubleshoot this.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mitch
>
> Mitch
>
> Mitchell Weier, P.E.