[Qgis-developer] from vectGeoref to Vector Rectify

giulianc51 giulianc51 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 10:05:43 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

someone could remember the development of a QGIS plugin for
georeferencing vector layers: vectGeoRef, a feeble attempt to make
available to vector layers the same wonderful tool available to raster
layers;

with the valuable contribution of Luca Mandolesi who carried out the
gui, some time ago (I do not remember exactly when) I published a draft
of a tool for QGIS, depositing it in the repository, perhaps causing
some joy, but I fear more pain, to some of you and to others around the
world :-)

now I'm particularly happy to give notice that the project is
enriched and evolved with the addition of Daniele Strigaro, whom
I yield willingly the leadership of the project;

Daniele, a young researcher at the Laboratory of Geomatics in Milan
Bicocca, brought substantial improvements.

'Vector Rectify' is the new plugin's name to highlight its detachment to
the previous version;

soon the new plugin will be available in the usual repository;

thank you, sfmbe(*)
Giuliano

(*) sorry for my bad english :-)