[Qgis-developer] Troubles with PIL library in Windows 7, 64 bits

J. Gaspar Mora Navarro gaspar.mora.navarro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 06:12:49 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm using PIL library in Windows 7, 64 bits for to reduce the size of
images. That library comes with the Qgis 2.8.2 instalation standard. The
problem is that de resulting images are bad.

In previous versions of Qgis the code worked fine. I firstly instaled
Qgis 2.8.2, 32 bits, but Python cant load _imaging module. I get that
error when I use the resize method of a Image object.

With Qgis 64 bits, the module can be loaded, but the results are not
correct when the images are resized (half of the image is black, o red).
That's the code:

         im = PIL.Image.open(imgIn)

         tamX=im.size[0]
         factor=float(700)/tamX

          out=im.resize([int(factor * s) for s in
im.size],PIL.Image.ANTIALIAS)
          out.save(imgOut)

Then I can not resize the images with the PIL library that comes with
the standard installation of Qgis 2.8.2.

At the same computer, I have installed Python 2.7, 32 bits, and PIL
library. The same code works fine.

What I can do?

Thank you very much.