[Qgis-developer] PyQgis : Sorting alphabetically groups into legend widget

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 02:18:00 PDT 2015

Hi Pierre

QgsLayerTreeModel and QgsLayerTreeView are not necessary to use here:
they only make the QgsLayerTreeNode hierarchy available for display in
Qt widgets.

What you actually want to do is to manipulate the tree nodes
(QgsLayerTreeGroup and QgsLayerTreeLayer objects) - for a group you
just need to reorder the children nodes according to the alphabetical
order. See my blog post on manipulating nodes:
http://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/blog/2014/07/25/qgis-layer-tree-api-part-2/

Regards
Martin