[Qgis-developer] NULL and zeroes get mixed in postgis provider

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Thu Jul 9 07:03:01 PDT 2015

Hi all,

we discovered quite a nasty issue here, probably here for a long time but I
could'nt reproduce it correctly before.

With postgis tables or views, when numeric fields (tested with int, real and
numeric) bears null values, and also 0 values, NULLs and zeroes are mixed
randomly, at some zoom or pan levels only!

we got aware of this because of rendering rules :
-With categorized renderer, styling and labeing change, which is more than
weird.
-With graduated renderer, features simply disappear because NULL values
can't be rendered in a class because it requires numeric values.

But that seems to come from provider since we have a nice effect on
attribute table:
 -We clearly see those value changes in attribute tables
 -When filtering attribute table on visible features in mapcanvas extent,
those renderer with NULL just don't appear!

See the video here :   http://youtu.be/kDip8wEeXxU?hd=1
<http://youtu.be/kDip8wEeXxU?hd=1>

reproduced on 2.8.2 too,  but not on 2.6.1.

Not putting it as a blocker, because it seems a rare use case, but certainly
a "must fix", and probably deserves backports.

Cheers

Régis

Ticket will be filed, when redmine will be fixed ;-)