[Qgis-developer] Freeze on release-2_8 branch

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Jul 13 05:36:22 PDT 2015

Hi

On 07/13/2015 02:27 PM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

>>> That's can be done without a separate branch - and w/o a separate branch there
>>> would be nightlies to test...
>> That's why I proposed that one in bold :)
> I still don't get the purpose of the release-candidate-2_8_3 branch.
If somebody discovers a commit which is worth backporting tomorrow he
can do so without postponing 2.8.3 and without the risk of forgetting
what he wanted to backport until the freeze is over.

> I'd say we declare a backport freeze now and only apply stuff introduced by
> backports in release-2_8 until we do a point release after two weeks.  After
> that backporting can continue.

Fair enough, no big deal.
And (accidental) backports during this time get reverted?
Any opinion concerning 2197? Will a deadline in 24h be good enough?

Matthias