[Qgis-developer] Different label distances for point feature labelling

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Jul 19 06:30:36 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have another label question:

For labeling point features when using the "Around point" placement
option, I noticed that I would need different label distances depending
on the position the automatic labelling engine uses. As an example,
while the label distance is ok for a "top-right" position, it would have
to be bigger for a "right" position, as the label is still too close to
the point symbol in this case. The top-middle and bottom-middle
positions would also need yet another label distance.

Would it be possible to add position-dependent label offsets in the
future while still letting QGIS place the labels automatically?

Thanks,
Andreas