[Qgis-developer] function similar to Excel VLOOKUP - SOLVED

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Thu Jul 30 06:08:53 PDT 2015

Awesome. Thank you.

I added the extra column to the shapefile attributes, joined the
shapefile to the CSV file, and then updated the new column in my
shapefile using:
attribute($currentfeature,'joinedcolumn')  (NOTE: single quotes for
field name)

I'm sure I could have skipped the Join step and just used getfeature as
suggested below, but I went the Join route anyway.

Big thanks,
Zoltan

Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za