[Qgis-developer] Releases roadmap on the website

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jul 31 03:59:04 PDT 2015

On 31-07-15 12:10, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> I wanted to tell a user about next LTR but could not find such info
> on the website. Could the roadmap be shown somewhere over there ?
>
> The closest place I found is the "forusers" section:
>
>   http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/index.html
>
> There, there's access to the Changelog for all even releases from 2.0
> to 2.10, but no visual indication about 2.8 being "special" (LTR).
>
> Further seeking brought me here:
>
>   http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/index.html#road-map
>
> Could there maybe be a link from the release page to the road-map page ?

Hi Sandro,

note that in the intro of the visual changelog of 2.8 there is more info
about the LTR-proces:

http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog28/index.html

I added a link on the foruses index page:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/commit/dcec19a09f0a7f90d7df175244f69e0a6178caeb

About adding a links and text: pull requests are appreciated, you can
even fork the website repo and edit in Github.
For most pages it is clear which rst file to edit in Github as there is
a 'fixme'-link in the footer of each page.

In this case it is a little more complex, because this 'landing-page' is
not a rst page, but a html-template page:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/themes/qgis-theme/forusers_index.html

to be found in the themes dir

IF you add it, be sure to use the right notation to make it
translatable: {{_('text here')}}

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde