[Qgis-developer] Data-defined symbol size is not backwards compatible to 2.8.2

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 2 07:07:17 PDT 2015

I found another issue with the new scaling method:

For multi level point symbols we need to be able to define the scaling
on the symbol level. However, when adding it on the symbol level, the
same rule applies both on the parent marker and on the individual symbol
level.

What if one part of the symbol should be scaled differently than the
other? We really need this to work on the indivual symbol levels, not on
the parent marker - or at least make it optional that it scales the
parent as well.

As it works currently, I get a very different rendering in the map,
compared to the preview in the legend ;-(

Andreas