[Qgis-developer] backported fixes

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Jun 3 01:17:32 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 07:56:53AM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 03/06/2015 07:53, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
>
> > I've been thinking about this... Do you think it's worthwhile to hold
> > off on back porting 2.10 freeze fixes until after release? That way we
> > get extra testing of these before they get backported.
>
> IMHO this should be judgemed by the dev who do the fix. In any case, we
> have a 2-weeks period of observation for fixes on LTR branch, hopefully
> this will be enough to spot further problems.

The problem I see is by requiring [BACKPORTED] tag in the commit
to master you're basically preventing to test fixes in master branch
before deciding if it's safe or not to backport.

I saw Jurgen referencing the commit identifier of the master branch
in the backporting commit, and I followed that habit as in that way
you can tell if a commit was backported by 'git log --grep'ing for
the commit of interest. For example (try these in 2.8 branch):

  git log --grep=431dc142
  git log --grep=9c5cbd4

--strk;