[Qgis-developer] Loading large tables

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Jun 9 04:00:47 PDT 2015

Hi Paolo,

On 06/09/2015 07:55 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 08/06/2015 20:52, Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:
>
>> Not sure if it is related, but some things should be fixed already:
>>
>> see https://hub.qgis.org/issues/10619
>>
>> looking into the fix, it uses a spatial selection now...

I think Jürgen did some changes. They will only kick in, if the spatial
filter is already set before opening the attribute table, not when
defined posterior.
This filter is applied *before* the filter at the bottom is applied, so
if you open the table with a spatial filter, you will not be able to
show something else in the same session.

In the long run I am considering to run the filter defined at the bottom
directly on the provider. You may have seen the recent work on
expression compiler, which should be able to also delegate (some)
attribute filters to the database.

Regards,
Matthias